NMSU Library has prepared a list of services and resources available to assist you in your online research and learning endeavors.
Databases and Research Guides
To access our databases from off-campus you will need to install and connect to the NMSU VPN service using the following steps:
- Download and install the NMSU VPN ServiceUnder the “Group” dropdown box, select “NMSU-z-Lib Database Access“
Once the VPN is connected and running on your device you can access any of the databases we have provided in our A-Z Databases List or through the NMSU Library Catalog (Primo)
Our research guides provide information about key resources to assist in your research.
Talk with a Librarian
- Ask Us! Monday – Thursday, 10:00am-7:00pm
Online Library Instruction
- Synchronous: Librarian and Faculty member coordinate on an appropriate time, and an appropriate place for the Librarian to post related materials. Delivered via Adobe Connect or Zoom, whichever your students feel most comfortable with. Session is recorded for students unable to make the time slot. Transcript is provided along with recording while waiting until video can be captioned.
- Asynchronous: Librarian and Faculty member agree on appropriate place for the Librarian to post related materials. Recorded with Librarian’s preferred method into a video file that is accessible. Transcript provided while video is waiting to be captioned. Librarian available to answer student questions either through online office hours set up ahead of time or through a Discussion board in the Canvas course, as is agreed upon by Librarian and faculty member.
- For more information: Visit the Library Instruction Guide.
First time users are required to create an account with their my.nmsu.edu username and password.
Non-NMSU users should contact IDS staff for details on service options.
Users will be notified of the status of their requests and will be provided additional instructions by e-mail.
Turnaround time varies based on format type, location of the item, and peak periods in the academic year.
Costs and copyright restrictions may be associated with some requests.
Archives and Special Collections
- Rio Grande Historical Collections
- University Archives
- Political Papers Collections
- Special Collections
For information and highlights about the dynamic and diverse content found in our collections visit our blog “The Open Stacks“
All inquiries and requests will receive a prompt reply. We will offer the best service we are able, without having our physical resources at hand.